It was an honor to be one of the finalists for Blogger of the Year in the 2nd Globe Cebu Media Excellence Awards. It was for me a recognition of my efforts for public health advocacy through blogging.
Attending the event, one could notice that the awards night has turned really big. It was well attended by various media practitioners from print, radio, TV and new media. Yes, they have included bloggers and social media advocates in their awards. Kudos to Globe for that. And it was nice to see that in Cebu, the media is united and bloggers and traditional media happily co-exist.
In line with the Cebu Press Freedom Week, the awards will inspire media personnel to write more about social advocacies, a welcome change from news of snatching, accidents and other bad news.
|Blogger of the Year and Social Media Advocate of the Year|
I congratulate fellow blogger, Nancy Cudis who won for the second time in a row, the Blogger of the Year Award whose advocacy is reading. And for the first time the award was given, Bjorn Bernales who won Social Media Advocate of the Year. They are both officers of the Cebu Bloggers Society and both are very passionate about their advocacies. They really deserve the award given them.
Below are the other winners:
- Reporter of the Year: Ador Vincent Mayol, Cebu Daily News
- Feature of the Year: Cherry Ann Lim and Mayette Q. Tabada, Sunstar Cebu
- Best columnist: Michael Acebedo Lopez, Freeman
- Photojournalist of the Year: "He's my brother", Amper Campana, Sunstar Cebu
- Reporter of the Year, TV: Alan Domingo, GMA Network
- TV Feature Story of the Year: Alan Domingo, GMA network
- Reporter of the Year, Radio: Astra Zina Logarta, DYHP