The Philippine Diabetic Athletes (PDAT), a non-stock, non-profit organization seeks to inspire, educate, and encourage Filipino diabetics to manage their disease through a healthy and active lifestyle with a series of events entitled "Lose Weight, Get Active... Fight Diabetes where they bring in notable doctors, nutritionists and coaches.
On February 23, 2013, the second leg of this series will be at the Ayala Mall Activity Center from 10 AM to 5 PM. Diabetics, those at risk for diabetes, and their families are invited to take part in this event.
This event is free to the public.
- 10:30 am. - 11:30 a.m. Early Detection and Prevention of Diabetes Through Active Living
- Dr. Marian K. Denopol – Diabetologist.
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 a.m. Proper Nutrition for Diabetics who Want to Lose Weight.
- Dr. Marissa Garcia – Endocrinologist.
- 1:30 a.m. - 2:30 a.m. What Diabetics Need to Know when Getting into Sports or Weight Loss
- Dr. Albert L. Chu – Doctor for Internal Medicine – Endocrinology.
- 2:30 a.m. - 3:30 a.m. Running Basics
- Coach Noy Jopson - Running Coach.
- 3:30 a.m. - 4:30 a.m. Sports Related Injuries and Precautions for Diabetics
- Dr. Joefrey Arbatin - Orthopedic Surgeon.
- 4:30 a.m. - 5:30 a.m. Starting a Commitment to an Active Lifestyle.
- Dr. Raymund "Reel" Bontol – Internist Physician in Adult Pulmonology, Founding Member of Team Reborn.
For more information you may email email@example.com and look for Ms. Alisa Cruz, PDAT Secretariat.